Saturday, March 9, 2013

My first mini vacation

Last week I turned 15 months old.  Mommy and Daddy thought that I was ready to take on the world myself.  They planned a quick trip to Kansas City Missouri (about 2.5 hours away) with our friends the Bowen's.  They were pretty nervous because I've been pretty grumpy lately.  They don't know this, but I've been secretly waiting for a trip like this for months, so once I heard that they were going to take me I decided that I'd be on my best behavior.  We had sooooo much fun on this trip I can't wait until we get to do something like it again.

Kansas City is famous for their BBQ.  They have more BBQ restaurants per capita (whatever that means) than any other city is the nation.  So we had to stop and try the most popular BBQ joint in town called Oklahoma Joe's.  It was in a gas station and the line wrapped into the parking lot... apparently that is a sign of deliciousness.  M & D tried to feed me some brisket, but they were just joking.  When I opened my mouth to try a bite they pulled the brisket out... how rude are they.


Next, we went to a mall to play on the toys.  They had a lot of really fun toys to play on so dad took me on all of them.
If you know me you know that I love airplanes


I don't know why dad insisted that I go on the bus, but I didn't like it very much.

Next was my very favorite.  We went to a really cool place with loud music, lots of kids, and water everywhere.  It was so wild and crazy I didn't know what to do with myself.  



We started off in a pool that was pretty cold.  I didn't like it at first buy I warmed up to it eventually



Next we went to an area with really hot water called a hot tub.  I LOVED this, I could hang out in there all day

After a long day at the water park we headed to dinner.  Daddy got a suggestion and we tried a Kansas City Local restaurant called Corner Cafe.  Everybody loved the food there, even me.  They brought us out a huge round roll that was covered in frosting, I think it was called a cinnamon roll.  Mommy gave me some frosting to try.  It was soooo good I'm still licking my lips.  M & D said it was the best "home cooking" they had ever had, so it must have been pretty good.  My only complaint is that they didn't have anything on their kids menu that was "feeding tube friendly", so I didn't get to try anything except the sweet roll

I think this thing was bigger than my head!!!
After a long, fun, tiring day we headed back to my first hotel room ever.  I was pretty tired and kind of just zonked out for a little bit. 

I even got to sleep in a hotel. It was awesome, I got my very own big boy bed and everything



When I woke up at night I got to cuddle with Mommy and Daddy, I was in heaven!!!

The next morning we wanted to go visit some Mormon church history sites that are in Independence Missouri.  We saw the LDS visitors center, the community of christ temple and auditorium, and the "temple lot".  The whole place was kind of bizare, but M&D wanted to see it so I came along for the ride.  I did get to see my good buddy Jesus though, so that made it worth it.
I got to hang out with my good buddy Jesus when we were visiting some Mormon church history sites

This was a cool looking spiral building that is near the church history sites
After these places we had to drive to one more place before we could go home.  We went to see Liberty jail.  Its apparently a kind of important place for our church history.  I was pretty tired at this point, so I just kind of wanted to get out of there... although it was still pretty cool.

Here we are in front of a replica of the jail.  

It was soooo much fun to finally get out and travel.  I'm so glad that my body let me venture out and have fun doing this. I kind of understand what all of you guys have been doing when your wearing me on your hearts.  Thanks so much for taking me around the world.  I know I'll never make it  very far in person, but thanks to everyone that has supported me, I'm able to experience these amazing places through you.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, Jett! M&D took you to some groovy places! I especially like that Spiral configuration on the church. You know, I never realized that KC is a famous BBQ location! Now, I will have to take my friend, Erik, to search for his BBQ dream. He thinks he will find a wooden shack which sells the most incredible barbeque ever. He thinks an ancient man with a 3-legged dog will own this shack and serve the BBQ up in plastic baskets lined with newspaper. I think my friend is pretty fanciful but who knows? If KC has so much famous BBQ, maybe Erik's dream will come true! I'm so glad you got to visit. I love the expression on your face when you tried the brisket. That is pretty precious, Jett. Just like you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’m glad that you had a great time with your mom and dad, Jett. It had been such a wonderful experience for you! But it’s really sad that they didn’t let you take a bite of the brisket. Haha!

    Robert @CondoInstreamBoat.com/

    ReplyDelete