Sunday, September 30, 2012

Jett POWER!!

There is a special group of people that I want to tell you about.  The Highmark Group out of Draper, UT is a landscaping contracting company who heard my story and decided to help me and my family!  Every year, the employees and management all participate in an "Annual Ride (your bike) to Work" day.  They pick a special person to sponsor for this event.  And guess what??

They chose ME!!

Even though my parents and I now live in Omaha, Nebraska…they still decided that I was going to be their special buddy.  Weeks in advance, employees gathered donations.  They even made bike jerseys with my logo on them.  Underneath the logo read, "JETT POWER!"  I bet this helped them ride really fast.




My mommy and daddy weren't able to attend because we live so far away.  And let's be honest, I may not be the easiest baby to travel with!  M & D were really sad that they couldn't take me to this big event.  However, Aunt Amy (daddy's sister) and Aunt Tiffany (mommy's sister) were able to go.  They got to tell everyone my story and tell all of the employees how grateful our family is for their support.  Mommy and I were able to "kind of" be there on Skype.  It was so amazing to see so many people (many of which, we have never had the privilege of meeting) wearing my shirt and showing me their Jett Power!

All in all, the employees of the Highmark Group rode 283 miles and raised $1200 for me. Wow!

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU! Our family is strengthened every day by those who have participated in events like this.  YOU are the ones who give us JETT POWER!!





No comments:

Post a Comment