Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Hi everybody

Hi, My name is Jett.  Most people don't call me normal, and that is why i'm going to blog about my story, because to me and my parents I am normal.  Part of my lip is missing and there is a big hole in the back of my mouth, I think this is called a cleft lip & palate. I also have a condition called PontoCerebellar Hypoplasia type 2 (I know, its a mouthful) Read more about it here.  It means that parts of my brain never grew when I was in mommies tummy, and people seem to think that I can't do things normal kids can do.  They say I will never be able to walk, talk, sit up, crawl, eat, or many other basic life functions.  I have a really good physical therapist named Mike as well as a lot of other good doctors that are going to help me prove some people wrong.  I'm going to use my blog to keep track of my accomplishments, I think there will be a lot of them.  People always feel bad for me, but the funny thing is, I'm the lucky one.  I have parents that hang out with me all day every day, I get to see my grandparents more than most other kids, when people hold me I can always make them smile, but best of all: whenever I go to sleep I get to hang out with these really cool friends that all have wings… mommy calls them angels.

Mommy and Daddy call me their fighter Jett because they think I'm so strong… and I think they're right.  If they hadn't put this big tube in my tummy I'd show a picture of my 8 pack.  I've already been under sleepy medicine multiple times, once to take pictures of my brain, once to take pictures of my tummy, once to put a tube into my tummy because I can't swallow stuff in my mouth, and once to fix the hole in my lip.  I'm sure I'm going to have more sleepy medicine, but I don't know when.
Daddy is in dental school and has moved away from all of my grandparents and aunts and uncles and cousins for 3 years.  Me and mommy will be joining him in Omaha very soon, so I want to write this blog so everyone back home can follow my perfectly normal story. In addition, I want to tell you about all my friends that also play with angels.  For now I want to introduce you to my celebrity crush Avery.  She is cute, funny, sassy, and she is now among my angel friends. Avery's Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment